JioCinema is one of the top streaming platforms based in India and is owned by Viacom18. The platform has an extensive collection of Bollywood titles.
Not just that, TV series and movies in other regional languages, such as Tamil, Kannada, and Bengali, are also available for streaming. Along with that, the latest blockbusters from Holywood are also included in its impressive collection. Hence making it a highly convenient and fun streaming platform for Indian subscribers.
However, the platform is geographically restricted to India only and cannot be streamed anywhere else. So, if you happen to be an expat or traveling to the UK and don’t want to miss out on the latest episodes of your favorite shows, you are going to need a premium VPN provider to watch JioCinema in the UK.
How to Watch JioCinema in the UK? [6 Easy Steps]
Follow these instructions below to watch JioCinema in the UK with the help of a VPN:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN provider like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Open the app and sign in with your credentials.
- Connect to an Indian server. Preferably via Singapore.
- Visit the official website for JioCinema.
- Log in to your JioCinema account and enjoy.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch JioCinema in the UK?
JioCinema is a streaming platform based in India. The platform is subject to geo-limitations, which simply means that you cannot access JioCinema anywhere outside India.
This is due to the restrictive licensing and distribution agreements imposed on JioCinema that render it inaccessible beyond the Indian region. If you try to stream the platform in the UK, you’ll see the following error on your device’s screen:
“Something went wrong! Internal server error, please try again later.”
In order to smoothly bypass this geo-restrictive error, you’ll need to employ the powers of a premium VPN provider.
Upon connecting with an Indian server via your VPN app, your true location will be disguised under an India-based I address, and JioCinema will be unblocked for you easily. You may then stream any title you wish to.
ExpressVPN – Most Effective VPN to Watch JioCinema in the UK
When it comes to bypassing geo-restrictions, no VPN can perform as well as ExpressVPN. Consider the following features it offers:
- ExpressVPN is the finest VPN to watch JioCinema in the UK, with 3,000 servers in 94 countries (including 25 locations in the US).
- ExpressVPN has a monthly fee of $6.67 (Special Discount) for a 1-year plan + an additional 3 months. You can avail of this fantastic discount and save 49% on the subscription.
- 24/7 customer support is provided to the users.
- ExpressVPN unblocks streaming sites like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video.
- You can operate eight connections simultaneously.
- User data is shielded by AES-256 encryption, TrustedServer network, and private DNS.
- ExpressVPN’s US servers provide download speeds of 89.42 Mbps, upload speeds of 84.64 Mbps, and a low ping of 110 ms with a 100 Mbps connection.
- 30-day money-back is guaranteed.
How to Subscribe to JioCinema in the UK?
If you’re new to JioCinema, follow the steps below to join the platform:
- Subscribe to a trusted VPN provider; ExpressVPN is recommended.
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Sign in to your VPN account.
- Connect to one of the Indian servers.
- Go to JioCinema and click on ‘Subscribe’.
- Get your phone number verified.
- Provide the required details for your subscription payment.
- You may now stream all the content you wish to watch.
How Much Does JioCinema Cost?
Though there are plenty of titles to stream for free on JioCinema, there are some titles that can only be streamed with their premium package, especially Hollywood titles. Here are the details for JioCinema’s package.
Their premium plan can be subscribed to for ₹999 INR or £9.86 per month. Your subscription plan last for 12 months, and you can stream on four devices simultaneously, be it a smartphone or smart TV.
Your steaming experience is enhanced with top-notch audio and video quality, too.
What Devices are Compatible with JioCinema?
Take a look at the steps below to learn how you can watch JioCinema on your device:
How to Watch JioCinema on Android?
Follow the instructions below for streaming JioCinema on your Android devices:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN provider.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Log in to the VPN app and connect to an Indian server.
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Install the ‘JioCinema’ app.
- Sign in to your JioCinema account and enjoy.
How to Watch JioCinema on iOS?
For streaming on iOS devices, follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a trusted VPN provider.
- Download and install the VPN app on your iOS device.
- Open the app and sign in to your account.
- Connect to an India-based server via your VPN.
- Go to the JioCinema website or app.
- Log in to your JioCinema account and start streaming.
How to Watch JioCinema on Smart TVs?
To be able to stream JioCinema on your Smart TVs, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Subscribe to a credible VPN provider.
- Download and install the VPN app on your Smart TV.
- Select an Indian server.
- Download the JioCinema app from your TV’s app store.
- Log in to your JioCinema account and enjoy streaming!
Other Devices Supported by JioCinema
Besides the ones mentioned above, JioCinema can also be streamed on the following devices:
- Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
Can You Use a Free VPN to Watch JioCinema?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to watch JioCinema, but allow me to warn you against doing so. Free VPNs are not technically suitable for unblocking geo-restricted platforms such as JioCinema.
Even if they do manage to do that, they do not possess the server speeds to let you stream without interruptions. Moreover, your biggest concern should be data safety, which is compromised by free VPNs since they’re infamously known for selling their users’ data to third parties as a means of making up for their expenses.
Having said so, I’d advise that you should subscribe to a paid premium VPN that is trusted by its users in terms of safety and performance.
What to Watch on JioCinema?
Mentioned below are the most-streamed titles on JioCinema.
Top TV Series on JioCinema in the UK
These are some of the fun TV series titles on JioCinema:
- Temptation Island
- Chand Jalne Laga
- Fuh Se Fantasy
- Shakkar Masala
- Shiv Shakti
- Neerja – Aik Nai Pehchaan
- Bigg Boss Season 17
Top Movies on JioCinema
These movies are a must-watch for every Bollywood fan:
- Vikram Vedha
- Luka Chuppi
- Munna Michael
- Sardar Gabbar Singh
- Gangster Ganga
Top Hollywood Titles on JioCinema
JioCinema has a collection of Hollywood blockbusters, too, such as:
- Cobra Rebellion
- The Dark Knight
- The Nun
- Truth or Dare
- Happy Death Day
Is JioCinema available in the UK?
No, JioCinema is not available in the UK since it is geographically restricted to India only. However, a top-notch VPN can definitely help you access JioCinema in the UK or anywhere outside India.
Is it illegal to use a VPN for JioCinema?
No, it is not illegal to use a VPN for streaming JioCinema. But do keep in mind that you must use your VPN app within a legal framework and avoid getting involved in suspicious activities.
Can JioCinema be downloaded for free?
Yes, JioCinema is completely free to download via the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. However, JioCinema does include in-app purchases, which means you can subscribe to their premium packages after signing up.
How do I cancel my JioCinema membership?
In order to cancel your JioCinema membership, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your JioCinema account.
- Click on ‘More’ and then ‘Delete Account.’
- Enter the email address you used while signing up.
- Hit ‘Continue’ to proceed with membership cancellation.
And here comes this article to an end. I hope that after reading this, you can easily stream JioCinema in the UK with the help of a top-tier VPN provider.
I tried to cover all your possible queries. If, however, any question of yours hasn’t been dealt with, feel free to comment below. Happy streaming!