Paramount+ is an American streaming platform owned by ViacomCBS with a vast library of TV shows, movies, and sports content. Moreover, the platform also offers original content for viewers to stream. However, Paramount+ is geo-restricted only to the US and can’t be streamed anywhere else.
In order to work your way around these geo-limitations and watch Paramount Plus on your Vizio Smart TV outside the US, you’ll need to subscribe to a premium VPN provider. By using one, you’ll be able to connect to a US-based server and easily unblock your favorite content from anywhere in the world.
So, read ahead to learn more about using a VPN to stream Paramount Plus on Vizio Smart TV.
How to Watch Paramount Plus on Vizio Smart TV With a VPN?
If you wish to stream Paramount+ quickly, follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN provider, such as ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Sign in to the VPN app with your credentials.
- Connect to a server based in the US. (I’d suggest the New York server).
- Visit the website for Paramount Plus and log in to your account.
You’re all set to stream Paramount+ on your Vizio Smart TV now!
Why Do You Need a VPN For Paramount Plus on Vizio Smart TV?
Paramount+ is a streaming service available only within the US region. It cannot be streamed outside the US and a few more countries due to the limitations of license and distribution agreements.
If you try to access Paramount+ while residing outside the US, Canada, or Australia, you’ll encounter the following geo-restrictive error on your TV’s screen:
“Paramount+, home to the world’s favourite stars, stories and brands, is coming soon*. Get ready to experience stellar originals, exclusive premieres, hit movies and the very best must-see TV.”
By subscribing to a trustworthy VPN provider, you can easily prevent this pesky error from interrupting your streaming plans.
All you need to do is connect to a US-based server, which will hide your actual IP address from Paramount+, giving the impression that you’re streaming from within the US.
3 Best VPNs to Stream Paramount Plus on Vizio Smart TV Outside the USA
I will tell you about 3 of the most acclaimed and trusted VPNs by users worldwide and their exceptional features, which make them worthy of such high acclaim.
ExpressVPN – Unparalleled Connection Speeds for Streaming Paramount Plus
ExpressVPN is one of the biggest names in the VPN industry due to its fast-speed servers, which are the best for streaming. Here are its features:
- ExpressVPN is the finest VPN to unblock Paramount+ outside the USA, with 3,000 servers in 94 countries (including 25 locations in the US)
- ExpressVPN has a monthly fee of $6.67 (Special Discount) for a 1-year plan + an additional 3 months. You can avail of this amazing discount and save 49% on the subscription.
- 24/7 customer support is provided to the users.
- ExpressVPN unblocks streaming sites like Paramount+, Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video.
- You can operate eight connections simultaneously.
- User data is shielded by AES-256 encryption, TrustedServer network, and private DNS.
- ExpressVPN’s US servers provide download speeds of 89.42 Mbps, upload speeds of 84.64 Mbps, and a low ping of 110 ms with a 100 Mbps connection.
- 30-day money-back is guaranteed.
Surfshark – Pocket-friendly VPN for Streaming Paramount Plus
Affordable yet as powerful as any of its major competitors, Surfshark is equipped with the following features:
- Surfshark owns over 3,200 servers in 100 countries and over 600 servers in the US.
- Surfshark utilizes a WireGuard tunneling mechanism, assuring the security and enhancement of your browsing and streaming activities.
- Surfshark’s 24-month subscription plan costs around $2.39 monthly with 85% off.
- Users also get the benefit of an additional 2 months of free service.
- Surfshark allows infinite logins.
- Surfshark unblocks well-known geo-restricted streaming platforms like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and Peacock, among others.
- Surfshark blazing fast servers provide download speeds of 86.24 Mbps and upload speeds of 53.72 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
NordVPN – Vast Server Network for Streaming Paramount Plus
- NordVPN has a tremendous server web with 5,400 servers in 59 countries, including 15 advanced servers in the US.
- You can buy NordVPN for $3.99 per month or $107.73 for the first 2 years, with a 62% discount and an opportunity to withdraw within the first 30 days.
- NordVPN protects user data through numerous tunneling protocols.
- You can link up to six devices at a time.
- Firestick, Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, Switch, Raspberry Pi, Chromebook, Chromecast, and Kindle Fire are compatible with NordVPN.
- NordVPN uses AES 256-bit encryption, a strict no-logs policy, extra features like a kill switch, established streaming mode, and a friendly user interface are the unique features of the service provider.
- NordVPN easily bypasses famous geo-blocked sites like Paramount+, Hulu, and Disney+.
How to Sign-Up For Paramount Plus on Vizio Smart TV with a VPN?
You can follow the instructions below to sign up for your Paramount+ account to stream on your Vizio Smart TV:
- Launch your Paramount+ app on your Vizio Smart TV.
- You will be given an access code on your screen.
- Go to paramountplus.com/vizio via a web browser.
- Enter the activation code and click on ‘Activate’.
- Select a subscription plan and click on ‘Continue’.
- You’ll be asked to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
- Enter your payment details and click on ‘Start Paramount+.’
- You’ll be taken to a confirmation screen, and now you can stream Paramount+ on your Vizio Smart TV.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Unblock Paramount Plus on Vizio Smart TV?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to unblock Paramount+. However, in terms of practicality, I would not suggest doing so.
Free VPNs are not as reliable as premium VPNs when it comes to their ability to bypass geo-limitations since they do not possess the same technological infrastructure. Nor do they provide the connection speeds that premium VPNs do.
Moreover, free VPNs are known for their unethical practices of collecting user data and selling it to third parties for the sake of their personal benefits. Thus, considering these concerns regarding security, unreliable services, and slow speeds, it is advised that you subscribe to a trustworthy VPN to avoid such issues.
How Much Does Paramount Plus Cost?
If you’re signing up for Paramount+ for the first time, these are the plans offered and their respective features. You may select one that suits your needs the best.
|Subscription Plan||Plan Price||Features|
|Paramount+ Essential||$5.99/month after trial||
|Paramount+ with SHOWTIME||$11.99/month after trial||
Vizio Smart TV Models and Versions Supported by Paramount Plus
These are the models and versions of Vizio Smart TV on which you can stream Paramount+:
- Smartcast 3.0
- P-Series Quantum and Quantum X
- M-Series Quantum
Paramount Plus Not Working With a VPN – Troubleshooting Tricks
There are certain errors you can come across while streaming on Paramount Plus despite using a VPN. Here are a few foolproof fixes you can make use of to resolve your issues:
- Check your internet connection speeds if you think it is slowing down.
- Clear app cache and cookies for both your browser and Paramount+ app.
- Force close your Paramount+ app and restart it.
- Check for app updates for both the VPN and Paramount+ apps.
- Ensure your Paramount+ subscription is still active.
Is it illegal to use a VPN for unblocking Paramount Plus?
No, it is not illegal to use a VPN for accessing Paramount Plus outside the US. However, it must be used within the legal framework.
Does Paramount Plus block VPNs?
Yes, Paramount+ does block VPNs, but you won’t face any issues if you’re using a premium VPN provider that can bypass the platform’s geo-restrictions.
How many devices can you stream Paramount Plus on?
Paramount+ allows you to stream on 3 devices simultaneously with their subscription.
How do I power-cycle my Vizio Smart TV?
Unplug your TV and wait for a minute. Meanwhile, press down on the power button of your TV for thirty seconds. Plug the TV back in, and that’s it.
Vizio Smart TVs are one of the most widely-used devices among streamers, and so is Paramount+, a highly demanded streaming platform. Together, the two can provide a worthwhile streaming experience for you and your friends and family. All you need to do is subscribe to a reputable VPN provider, and you’re ready to watch your desired shows and movies.
Lastly, I hope this article helped you with all your relevant queries. And I wish you a happy streaming session!