To watch your favorite Sony entertainment shows on GetTV, you must be located in the United States. Even if you try to use Youtube TV as the medium to watch GetTV, you won’t get a successful breakthrough. GetTV platform imposes geo-restrictions on viewers outside the United States and its territories.
If you’re located in Canada and finding it difficult to access the platform, this blog will solve your problems and make it easier to watch your favorite shows on GetTV with the help of a reliable VPN. Keep reading and learn how you can watch GetTV in Canada easily.
How to Watch GetTV in Canada? [5 Quick Steps]
To unblock GetTV in Canada you should be following these simple steps:
- Subscribe to a Premium VPN. Our #1 preference is ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN App on your preferred device.
- Open the app and Login to your account.
- connect to a US–based server.
- Proceed to https://tv.youtube.com/ and Register for an account.
- You can now use your YouTube TV to watch GetTV in Canada.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch GetTV in Canada?
You can watch GetTV in Canada without cable by signing up for another streaming platform, such as Youtube TV. Considering that Youtube TV only works in the United States of America and is geo-restricted elsewhere due to licensing agreements, it’s essential to locate within its boundaries.
These geo restrictions work as a barrier for the viewers located in Canada, so it is essential to find a way to dodge these limitations. A VPN is the most reliable way! A VPN can conceal your Canadian IP address and provide an American one. All you need to do is to get a strong VPN like ExpressVPN, which has highly upgraded US servers.
Once connected to an American server, you can fool the GetTV/ Youtube TV IP Blockers appearing as if you’re attempting from within the US. This leads you to gain easy access to the platform.
Whenever you try to access YouTube using your Canadian IP address, you will be confronted by the following Geo-Restriction Error:
What are the Best VPNs to Watch GetTV in Canada?
We conducted test runs to find out which VPN worked efficiently in unblocking GetTV in Canada, and it all came down to these 3 best VPNs. Check out their features and pick whatever suits your interest best:
ExpressVPN: Best VPN to watch GetTV in Canada:
ExpressVPN is the Best VPN to watch GetTV in Canada. Below are some sensational qualities that make it the best choice.
- ExpressVPN owns 3,000+ servers in 94 different countries with 24 speedy servers operating in the US.
- ExpressVPN 1-year plan + extra 3 months’ costs $6.67(8.82 CAD) [Special Discount]. You can avail of a 49% discount if you purchase this plan now.
- 24/7 live chat support is available to assist you.
- ExpressVPN unblocks all the geo-restricted renowned streaming platforms like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video.
- ExpressVPN is compatible with iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Linux, routers, and more.
- ExpressVPN permits eight connections simultaneously.
- ExpressVPN employs AES-256 encryption, TrustedServer network, and Private DNS to safeguard users’ data.
- ExpressVPN’s United States servers provide download speeds of 89.42 Mbps, upload speeds of 84.64 Mbps, and a low ping of 110 ms with a 100 Mbps connection when tested.
- You can get your money back in 30 days as a part of the refund agreement.
Surfshark: Budget-Friendly VPN to watch GetTV in Canada
Surfshark is an affordable VPN that to watch GetTV in Canada. Below are some magnificent features of this amazing VPN provider.
- Surfshark has 3,200+ servers in 100 countries, and 600+ highly upgraded servers in the US.
- Surfshark uses IKEv2 (best for mobile), Wireguard (best overall), and OpenVPN (best for routers) to upgrade your viewer’s experience.
- Surfshark’s 2-year subscription comes with an 81% discount for $3.35(4.33 CAD)/month with 2 months of extra free service.
- Surfshark allows limitless Device connections.
- Surfshark can bypass geo-restricted streaming sites like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, Peacock, etc.
- On a 100 Mbps connection, Surf Shark’s Rapid US servers provide download speeds of 86.24 Mbps and upload rates of 53.72 Mbps.
NordVPN: Largest Server network to watch GetTV in Canada
NordVPN is an excellent choice to watch GetTV in Canada as it possesses a large number of servers in the US that operate at fast speeds. Some of the most extraordinary features of NordVPN are mentioned below:
- NordVPN owns a large network of servers, with 5,400+ servers in more than 59 Countries with 1970+ servers operating in the USA.
- NordVPN 24-month subscription costs around $4.49(5.95 CAD) /month.
- NordVPN shields users’ data with Secure Encryption, Smart DNS, Private DNS, and Split Tunneling.
- NordVPN uses enhances the viewer’s experience using AES 256-bit encryption, a strong no-logs policy, a kill switch, an upgraded streaming mode, and a friendly user interface.
- NordVPN can unblock famous geo-blocked sites like Hulu, Disney+, and Amazon Prime Video.
- NordVPN permits Six connections at a time.
How to Sign up for GetTV in Canada?
You must sign up for the YouTube TV platform to watch GetTV online in Canada. Follow these steps and learn how:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN
- Download and install its App on your device.
- Open and Connect to a US Server.
- Proceed to https://tv.youtube.com/ and Choose the “Try it Free” option.
- Insert the “US ZipCode Use (10001 – New York location).
- Select the “Start Free Trial” option and Start Free Trial.
- Pick your Plans and click the “Next” button.
- Select the “Checkout” option and add a payment method either Debit or Credit Card.
- Insert your credit/debit card information and billing zip code, then select the “Save Card” button.
- Start watching GetTV in Canada on the YouTube TV platform Easily.
How much does GetTV Cost in Canada?
You can watch GetTV via Youtube TV in Canada, but you must pay for a GetTV subscription even if you’re using Youtube TV as a medium. Below are the pricing and plans that you can choose to subscribe to GetTV.
|Features||Basic Plan||Spanish Plan|
|Price||$64.99 (89.29 CAD)||$24.99 (34.33 CAD)|
|Accounts||Six at a time||Six at a time|
|No of Channels||85+ Channels||82+ Channels with unlimited DVR Storage|
Which Devices are compatible with GetTV in Canada?
You can watch GetTV in Canada on the following devices:
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- Amazon Firestick
- Roku TV
How can I Watch GetTV in Canada on my iPhone with YouTube TV?
Follow the steps mentioned below to watch GetTV in Canada on your iPhone via YouTube TV:
- Register for a Trusted VPN Provider.
- Connect to a United States server (the New York server is recommended).
- Go to your iOS settings and change your device’s location to the US.
- Visit the Apple Store and Download the YouTube TV App.
- Open the YouTube TV App and Choose the Try It Now option.
- Register an account, and confirm your location from your Gmail account to Sign up for YouTube TV.
- Enjoy GetTV in Canada via YouTube TV on your iOS device.
How can I watch GetTV in Canada on my Android with YouTube TV?
Follow the steps below to watch GetTV in Canada on your Android device via YouTube TV:
- Subscribe to a Strong VPN Provider and connect to its US-based server.
- Download and Install the YouTube TV App from the Google Play Store.
- Open the YouTube TV App.
- If you are new to the platform, Choose the Try it free option to subscribe and create an account by entering your credentials.
- If you are an existing user, Log in with your Google Account and confirm your location.
- Check the TV networks availability in your region and add any premium channel you want
- Now you can watch GetTV in Canada on your Android devices via Youtube TV.
What to Watch on GetTV in Canada in 2023?
GetTV is a National TV network that anchors Sony Entertainments’ collection of amazing action, crime, comedy, western Tv series, and popular sitcoms.
What are the Top Shows on GetTV in 2023?
Below is a list of some of the best TV shows you can watch on GetTV in Canada in 2023:
- Guns of Paradise
- Good Times
- Catch 21
- Father Murphy
- Hot in Cleveland
- Walker, Texas Ranger
- All in the family
- Bret Maverick
- Fantasy Island
FAQs – GetTV in Canada
Is it legal to watch GetTV in Canada with a VPN?
Yes, it is legal to watch GetTV in Canada with a free VPN because the platform is geo-restricted in Canada, and without the help of a VPN, viewers from Canada cannot access the platform.
Can you watch GetTV in Canada with a free VPN?
Yes, you can watch GetTV in Canada with a FreeVPN, but it is risky to do so! The free VPNs track your online activities and sell your data to hackers, putting it at risk. These Free VPN providers are also incapable of bypassing geo-restricted platforms due to the unavailability of servers in the USA.
Is GetTV a free channel?
GetTV allows its new users a free trial period, but if you wish to continue to avail of the services rendered by the platform, you will have to pay the subscription charges.
Does Get TV Offer Live Streaming?
Yes, you can live stream your favorite programs on the GetTV app or Website.
What Streaming Service Has GetTV
You can stream GetTV on Philo, Frndly TV, FuboTV, FuboTV Elite, or DirecTV Stream Ultimate.
How do I Pay For GetTV in Canada?
GetTV is a free-to-air television network that broadcasts its content for free through various cables. Various renowned streaming platforms stream GetTV online but charge you for the subscriptions.
Wrapping It Up:
As for now, you must be able to learn all the hacks that will enable you to watch GetTV in Canada. The most convenient way to watch this platform is with YoutubeTV. No matter what, you’ll require a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to bypass these geo-restrictions, and you’ll get an easy gateway to your favorite Sony Entertainment programs in Canada.