Are you a sports enthusiast in Germany eager to access and enjoy ESPN Plus content? Typically, ESPN is restricted to the United States due to geographical limitations. But don’t worry – this guide has the perfect solution for you.
You can bypass these restrictions and unlock ESPN Plus in Germany. Keep reading till the end to discover how you can enjoy all the thrilling sports action on ESPN Plus.
How to Watch ESPN Plus in Germany With a VPN in 2023 [5 Easy Steps]
Follow these 5 easy steps to watch ESPN Plus in Germany with the help of a VPN:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN provider; my recommendation is ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your streaming device.
- Launch the app and sign up for the VPN.
- Connect to an optimized US server of the VPN [the New York server].
- Navigate to the ESPN Plus official website.
Congratulations! You’re all set to stream ESPN Plus in Germany.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch ESPN Plus in Germany?
ESPN Plus is an online platform for watching sports only available in the United States. Unfortunately, if you’re in Germany, you can’t access it due to restrictions. When you try to visit the site, you’ll see the following error message:
“We’re sorry, an unexpected error occurred.”
You must use a VPN to overcome this restriction and watch ESPN Plus in Germany. A premium VPN changes your IP address to match the server’s location, allowing you to access ESPN Plus as if you were in the US.
It’s like having a secret identity that lets you enjoy all the sports content you want, no matter where you are.
Top 3 VPNs to Watch ESPN Plus in Germany [In-Depth Analysis]
The following three VPNs are hands down the best VPNs to watch ESPN Plus in Germany:
ExpressVPN – Your Ultimate Online Privacy Shield to Watch ESPN Plus in Germany
The following features of ExpressVPN make it the #1 VPN to watch ESPN Plus in Germany:
- ExpressVPN is the finest VPN to unblock ESPN Plus outside the USA, with 3,000 servers in 94 countries (including 25 locations in the US)
- ExpressVPN has a monthly fee of $6.67 (Special Discount) for a 1-year plan + an additional 3 months. You can avail of this amazing discount and save 49% on the subscription.
- 24/7 customer support is provided to the users.
- ExpressVPN unblocks streaming sites like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video.
- You can operate eight connections simultaneously.
- User data is shielded by AES-256 encryption, TrustedServer network, and private DNS.
- ExpressVPN’s US servers provide download speeds of 89.42 Mbps, upload speeds of 84.64 Mbps, and a low ping of 110 ms with a 100 Mbps connection.
- 30-day money-back is guaranteed.
Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to watch ESPN Plus in Germany
The following features of Surfshark make it a reliable VPN to watch ESPN Plus in Germany:
- Surfshark owns over 3,200 servers in 100 countries and over 600 servers in the US.
- Surfshark utilizes a WireGuard tunneling mechanism, assuring the security and enhancement of your browsing and streaming activities.
- Surfshark’s 24-month subscription plan costs around $2.39 monthly with 85% off.
- Users also get the benefit of an additional 2 months of free service.
- Surfshark allows infinite logins.
- Surfshark unblocks well-known geo-restricted streaming platforms like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and Peacock, among others.
- Surfshark blazing fast servers provide download speeds of 86.24 Mbps and upload speeds of 53.72 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
NordVPN – Largest server network VPN to watch ESPN+ in Germany
The following features of NordVPN make it a robust and user-friendly VPN solution for watching ESPN Plus in Germany:
- NordVPN has a tremendous server web with 5,400 servers in 59 countries, including 15 advanced servers in the US.
- You can buy NordVPN for $3.99 per month or $107.73 for the first 2 years, with a 62% discount and an opportunity to withdraw within the first 30 days.
- NordVPN protects user data through numerous tunneling protocols.
- You can link up to six devices at a time.
- Firestick, Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, Switch, Raspberry Pi, Chromebook, Chromecast, and Kindle Fire are compatible with NordVPN.
- NordVPN uses AES 256-bit encryption, a strict no-logs policy, extra features like a kill switch, established streaming mode, and a friendly user interface are the unique features of the service provider.
- NordVPN easily bypasses famous geo-blocked sites like Hulu, Disney+, and Sling TV.
Can a Free VPN Unblock ESPN Plus in Germany?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to unblock ESPN Plus in Germany, but it is not recommended, as free VPNs often have limitations such as slow speeds, data caps, and unreliable connections.
They may also collect and sell your data, lack proper security measures, and bombard you with ads. That’s why it is recommended to use a reputable VPN for a safer and better viewing experience.
How Much Does ESPN Plus Cost in Germany?
ESPN Plus offers the following subscription plans in Germany:
|ESPN Plus Monthly Subscription||9.45 Euro||US$ 9.99/month|
|ESPN Plus Yearly Subscription||94.60 Euro||US$ 99.99/year|
|ESPN Plus, Disney Plus, Hulu Bundle||13.24 Euro||US$ 13.99/month|
|UFC PPV Package||85.13 Euro||US$89.98 each|
How Do I Subscribe to ESPN Plus in Germany?
Follow any of the given 4 methods to subscribe to ESPN Plus in Germany:
How to Subscribe to ESPN Plus By Using a US Credit Card
Before we start, you must note that ESPN Plus only accepts US credit cards, so if you have a friend or family member living in the US, you can ask them for their card details to subscribe to ESPN Plus in Germany easily.
Here’s how to subscribe to ESPN Plus using a US Credit Card:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN [I recommend ExpressVPN].
- Download and install the VPN app and connect to an optimized US server.
- Go to the ESPN Plus website and click “Subscribe to ESPN+ Only” or “Get the Disney Bundle.”
- Log in with your Facebook or create an account if you already don’t have one.
- Pick your preferred ESPN Plus subscription plan.
- Enter a payment method, choosing between PayPal or a Credit Card.
- Tap on “Buy ESPN+.”
- You’ll see your billing details. Now click on “Get Started” to start watching ESPN Plus.
How to Subscribe to ESPN Plus By Using a Virtual Prepaid Card or Gift Card
A virtual prepaid card is like a debit card with a US billing address, allowing you to easily shop in US online stores.
Follow the given easy steps to subscribe to ESPN Plus by using a Virtual Prepaid Card or Gift Card:
- Go to the StatesCard’s official website and sign up.
- Register for an account by entering all the required details.
- Use your Credit Card or PayPal to add funds to your StatesCard.
- Now, subscribe to a premium VPN app.
- Download and install the VPN app, then sign in to connect to a US server.
- Navigate to the ESPN Plus official website and select “Sign Up Now” and “Login.”
- Pick a suitable plan and add your StatesCard number to the payment method.
- Tap on “Get Started” to stream ESPN Plus in Germany.
How to Pay for ESPN+ in Germany on the Google Play Store?
The following steps will show you how to pay for ESPN+ in Germany on the Google Play Store:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN, then download it and install its app.
- Connect to an optimized US server [the New York server is recommended].
- Create a new Gmail ID showing your location in the US.
- Go to the Google Play Store with your new ID and search for the ESPN Plus app.
- Fund your Google Account with a Google Play Gift that you can easily find on Amazon.
- Open the ESPN Plus app and click “Subscribe.”
- Pick a suitable subscription option.
- Use your Google Play funds to finish the transaction.
Voila! You’re done.
How to Get ESPN+ in Germany Using Your Apple Account?
Here’s how to get ESPN Plus in Germany using an Apple Account:
- Get a subscription to a trustworthy VPN.
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Sign in and connect to a US server [New York is recommended].
- Go to Settings > Profile > Media and Purchases > Change Your Country/Region on your iPhone, and choose the United States.
- Renew the Terms of Service and go to the App Store.
- Log out of your App Store account and log back in to access the US App Store.
- Purchase an Apple Gift Card from Amazon to add funds to your Apple account.
- Once you have enough money in your Apple account, download the ESPN Plus app from the US App Store.
- Open the app and select “Subscribe Now” to choose your package and complete the transaction.
Congratulations! You are now ready to enjoy ESPN+ in Germany.
Which Devices are Compatible to Stream ESPN Plus in Germany?
You can access ESPN Plus on a variety of streaming devices. Here are some examples of the supported devices:
- Android phones and tablets
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Windows devices
- Portal TV
- Apple iPhones and iPads
- Amazon FireStick
- Android TV devices
- Xfinity Flex and X1 TV Box
- Apple tvOS
- Oculus Go
How to Watch ESPN+ in Germany on Different Devices?
Below is mentioned the downloading process of ESPN Plus in Germany on the most used devices:
How to Watch ESPN+ on Android in Germany?
Follow the given easy steps to watch ESPN Plus on Android in Germany:
- Get a subscription to a premium VPN.
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Launch the app, sign in, and connect to a US server.
- Go to Google Play Store, click “Account,” select “Add Another Account,” and enter a new Gmail ID (use US as your new region).
- Sign in to Google Play using your new ID.
- Download and install the ESPN Plus app from Google Play Store.
- Log in to your account and watch ESPN+ in Germany.
How to Watch ESPN+ on iPhone/iPad in Germany?
Here’s how to watch ESPN Plus on iOS devices in Germany:
- Sign up for a reputable VPN provider.
- Download and run the VPN app.
- Open the VPN app, log in, and connect to a US-based server.
- Go to your App Store settings and switch your region to USA.
- Go to the App Store and search ESPN.
- Download and install the ESPN+ app on your iOS device.
- Sign in to your account and start streaming ESPN in Germany.
How to Watch ESPN+ on Smart TVs and Gaming Consoles in Germany?
If you have already subscribed to an exclusive VPN provider, you can watch your favorite sports programs on ESPN Plus in Germany using a Smart TV:
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Sign in to your account.
- Connect to an optimized US server.
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s settings.
- Connect to the VPN network.
- Download the ESPN Plus app on your smart TV and register a free account.
- Start watching all the live sports events on ESPN Plus on your Smart TV in Germany.
What to Watch on ESPN+?
ESPN Plus provides a wide range of compelling content, including original shows, documentaries, and exclusive live sports across ESPN Plus channels.
Refer to the following lists to find out what you can watch on ESPN Plus in Germany:
Can I watch the NHL playoffs on ESPN+?
Yes, you can watch the NHL playoffs on ESPN Plus in Germany. They offer exclusive streaming of over 1,000 out-of-market games, and all out-of-market games are included with your ESPN+ subscription at no extra cost.
Most Stream Sports on ESPN+ in 2023?
Here’s a list of the most streamed sports on ESPN Plus in 2023:
- NCAA Men’s College World Series
- US Open Tennis 2022
- UFC 2022
- PGA Tour Canada
- Arena Lacrosse League (ALL)
- Why Not Us Season 3
- National Ice Hockey League 2022
- Kontinental Hockey League
- Mexican Pacific League
- KBO League
- Mexican League
- Irish Baseball League
- European League of Football
- Belgian Football League
- German Football League
What Good Shows are on ESPN+?
You can enjoy the following shows on ESPN+ in Germany:
- 30 for 30
- Peyton’s Places
- The Boardroom
- Manning Cast
- Ariel & The Bad Guy
- ESPN FC
- NBA Rooks
- In the Crease
- The Fantasy Show
- Quest for the Stanley Cup
- The Tennis Podcast
- The Life and Trials of Oscar Pistorius
What Are The Top Picks on ESPN Plus?
The following is a list of top picks that you can enjoy on ESPN+ in Germany:
- MLB Little League Classic 2023
- College Football Playoff 2022
- Big 12 Men’s Tournament 2023
- The US Open Tennis Championships 2023
- NCAA Baseball
- Monchengladbach vs. Bayern Bundesliga 2023
- Ligue 1 2023
- La Liga 2023
- Saints vs. Texans NFL 2023
- Broncos vs. Rams NFL 2023
- Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich Club Friendlies
- Liverpool vs. Leicester Club Friendlies Match
- Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement 2023
- UFC 291 Dustin Poirier vs. Justin Gaethje 2
- Fantasy Football 2022
- Artur Beterbiev vs. Callum Smith
- Jared Anderson vs. Andriy Rudenko
- South Carolina State vs. Jackson State 2023
- The Traitors Australia 2023
- Laliga Santander
Which Best Documentaries Are Available to Watch on ESPN+ in Germany in 2023?
The following is a list of some of the top documentaries that are available to watch on ESPN+ in Germany in 2023:
- O.J.: Made In America (2016)
- The Two Escobars (2010)
- No Crossover: The Trial of Allen Iverson (2010)
- Basketball: A Love Story (2018)
- Once Brothers (2010)
- Four Falls Of Buffalo (2015)
- Celtics/Lakers: Best Of Enemies (2017)
- Once Upon A Time In Queens (2021)
- 30 for 30: Jeanette Lee Vs. Mack Wrestles (2019)
- 30 for 30 Shorts
- Hillsborough (2014)
How to Fix ESPN Plus Not Working in Germany in 2023?
No need to worry if ESPN Plus isn’t working in Germany with a top-notch VPN. Just take a deep breath and give these troubleshooting steps a try. They’ll help you fix ESPN Plus in Germany in no time.
- Force close the app and relaunch it.
- Clear the cache for the ESPN Plus app.
- Make sure your internet connection is stable.
- Allow ESPN Plus pop-ups in your browser settings.
- Log out of your ESPN Plus account and log back in.
- Update the ESPN Plus app with the latest version.
Access ESPN Plus from Other Countries
Besides Germany, you can unlock and access ESPN Plus in the following countries with a VPN:
Is ESPN Plus region locked in Germany?
Yes, ESPN Plus is region-locked in Germany. However, a premium VPN subscription can let you access ESPN Plus in Germany by changing your location to the United States.
How can I watch ESPN+ in Germany for free?
There is no legal way to watch ESPN+ in Germany for free. You must subscribe to any of the above given ESPN Plus plans to watch it in Germany.
Is ESPN Plus on Amazon Prime?
No, ESPN Plus is a separate streaming service unavailable on Amazon Prime.
Is it legal to watch ESPN+ with a VPN in Germany?
Watching ESPN+ with a VPN in Germany is legal if you’re not using it for illegal activities. However, ensuring you abide by the law and use the VPN only to access geo-restricted content, such as ESPN+ exclusive shows and games, is important.
Does ESPN+ allow you to watch all your teams’ games? Even though I’m local to my team, some games are blackout. Will getting ESPN Plus stop that, or will there still be games I can’t watch?
ESPN+ may still have blackout restrictions for local games. Some games may not be available for streaming due to broadcast rights limitations.
Is getting a VPN for streaming ESPN+ in Germany worth it?
Whether getting a VPN for streaming ESPN+ in Germany depends on your preference and how much you value accessing ESPN+ content.
It can be beneficial if you want to watch ESPN+ exclusive content and bypass geo-restrictions.
ESPN Plus is a fantastic sports streaming platform for all sports enthusiasts. However, geo-restrictions make it impossible to access the platform in Germany. However, I hope this guide has answered all your queries, and now you know how to enjoy ESPN Plus in Germany using a premium VPN.
So what are you waiting for? Subscribe to ESPN Plus in Germany and take the front-row seat to your favorite games anytime.