Any topic you might have in your mind, you bet there’s already a discussion about it on Reddit. It is one of the most popular platforms where users worldwide come together to discuss, debate and vote on a wide range of content. The platform is organized into topic-based communities where users can exchange information about a particular topic.
Regarding these discussions, Redditors are brutally honest with their reviews and provide real-world feedback to fellow Redditors. Hence, their contribution to the VPN discussion is genuine and of value.
So whether it is competitive prices or features, the fastest speed or the biggest server network you want from your VPN, I’ve sorted out the best Reddit VPNs by user recommendations. So let’s get started!
Best Reddit VPNs By Users Recommendations [Overview]
Here are the 3 most efficient and trustworthy VPNs recommended by Redditors that are known for their excellent unblocking skills. Let’s take a look at each of the three:
ExpressVPN – Most Reliable VPN by Redditors
When it comes to getting a VPN for streaming, ExpressVPN is one of the best Reddit VPNs that Redditors recommend. Its features will justify its popularity:
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 94 countries and 24+ highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their special deal, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year + 3 months free for only $6.67 monthly. This package can be availed of with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected against online attacks by AES-256 Encryption. This means that your data is safe from the prying eyes of others, too.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN maintains no logs of your online activity or even records your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
Surfshark – Most Inexpensive VPN by Redditors
This VPN is a golden deal because you can have all the world-class features without breaking the bank. Here’s what it has to offer:
- Number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with over 600 servers in the US alone.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with most major operating systems and devices. Moreover, you can easily connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark Starter offers an amazing 81% discount at $2.49 monthly and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online, and in the unfortunate case of a data breach, you will get alerts about the mishap and even be able to retrieve the data.
- Speed: At least 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Kill Switch: Surfshark removes unprotected apps as a safety net if your VPN connection drops, providing further data security.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfshark doesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are ready to resolve your queries 24/7 without a delay.
NordVPN – Most Secure VPN by Redditors
This VPN is for you if you’re a gamer and need a smooth and lag-free connection. Here’s what its characteristics are:
- Number of servers: NordVPN offers 5700+ ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: In their 2-year plans, NordVPN has their “Most Popular ” package for $3.99 monthly. This package includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted military-grade encryption system, which protects your data throughout your surfing session.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature is excellent because it stops specific apps if the VPN connection drops unexpectedly and prevents the transmission of your unprotected data traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: With NordVPN, you can connect up to 6 devices.
- Double VPN: For extended security, NordVPN transmits your data through two different VPN connections, which can confuse any potential hackers.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s round-the-clock customer support team anytime.
Key Factors Reddit Users Consider When Choosing the Best VPN
Choosing a VPN requires conducting extensive research about the features to consider. To save you that hectic and time-consuming research, I’ve compiled a list of features to consider as per Reddit users’ recommendations.
- Security and Privacy: When it comes to safeguarding your data and keeping your privacy intact while surfing the internet, Redditors seek a VPN equipped with strong encryption and one that doesn’t keep any logs of your online activities.
- Speed and Performance: Speed is of utmost importance whether you’re streaming, gaming, downloading or torrenting. Redditors criticize VPNs that impose bandwidth limitations. Instead, look for one that provides adequate connection speed on each of its servers.
- Server Network: Subscribing to a VPN provider with a widespread network means you can access content from more places worldwide. All VPNs recommended above have thousands of servers strategically placed worldwide, considering the users’ demands.
- Compatibility: To achieve a seamless experience, compatibility across various devices and operating systems is crucial for users.
- Customer Support: A responsive and well-informed customer care service can bring about a great deal of positive change with the customers.
Why Reddit Users’ Opinions Are Important?
Like I said before, Redditors are brutally honest regarding reviews, which makes their opinions worth trusting. Let me give you a few positive reasons why you should consider the opinions of Redditors:
- Real-World User Experience: Redditors contribute their real-world experiences, personal views and insights.
- Diverse Perspectives: Reddit has users with diverse backgrounds and experiences, meaning their reviews and opinions will be according to different needs and preferences.
- Unbiased Recommendations: While the internet is full of paid reviews by influencers, Reddit users will mostly provide you with information based on their true experiences, making their opinions more worthy of consideration.
- Up-to-date Information: Because VPN providers are constantly updating and changing their features, you can depend upon Redditors to provide you with the latest information regarding VPNs and their features.
How to Spot Suspicious Reddit Comments?
While you can trust Reddit discussions, there are certain comments you should be cautious of since they are biased or sponsored by brands. Let me tell you how you can spot the suspicious comments:
- Low Karma: Suspicious comments often come from accounts with very low or negative karma, indicating a lack of credibility or a history of downvoted content.
- Overuse of Keywords or Phrases: Using certain keywords or phrases excessively in your comments indicates spam or promotional content.
- Too Many Deleted Comments: If you see a Reddit user with a history of deleted comments, it could be a sign of suspicious behavior or rule violations.
- Check the User’s Profile: Look at the user’s posting history, comments, and overall activity to evaluate their credibility and intent.
- Lack of Evidential Sources: Be wary of claims made without credible sources or evidence
Does Reddit Recommend Free VPNs?
As tempting as free VPNs are, they’re not as free as you deem them. You will come across some suggestions for free VPNs on Reddit. But you must view them critically. There are certain hidden costs that free VPNs charge you for, though not monetary.
Free VPNs are often criticized for their limited server speeds and data caps, which restrict data usage. Moreover, free VPNs do not have as widespread a server network as premium VPNs, limiting your options for regions to access restricted content. Furthermore, free VPNs are known to compromise users’ data privacy by selling that data to third parties.
In comparison, premium VPNs, like ExpressVPN, do not carry any such risks and limitations and can be relied upon to keep your data’s privacy intact and allow you a smooth streaming experience.
Which Free VPNs Reddit Users Recommend?
Based on varying opinions and experiences of Redditors, here are some of the most recommended free VPNs if you wish to try one:
- Hotspot Shield
Remember that these are highly reputable free VPNs; premium VPNs must still be more reliable and safe.
Best VPN Subreddits to Subscribe to
If you’re curious about VPNs and wish to explore them further, below are some subreddits that will provide you with valid information to get you started:
What is the most secure VPN, according to Reddit?
Which VPN is best for geo-restricted content, according to Reddit?
When it comes to bypassing geo-restrictions, ExpressVPN is known to execute this job smoothly and hassle-free. You’ll get to easily access content from anywhere in the world.
What’s the best VPN for mobile, according to Reddit?
The most popular VPN choice for mobile devices is ExpressVPN because of its user-friendly dedicated mobile app and reliable performance.
Are there any safe, free VPNs on Reddit?
ProtonVPN and Windscribe are suggested as relatively safer options among free VPNs. However, caution is still advised to users.
Should I use a VPN to access Reddit?
Using a VPN isn’t necessary for accessing Reddit, but it would lend better privacy and security while using Reddit. You can also access region-specific content on Reddit through a VPN.
In the modern-day digital infrastructure, where there’s a constant surge of new technology, concerns for online privacy are also on the rise. To deal with these concerns, a reliable VPN, such as ExpressVPN, can greatly help those seeking the safety of their data.
Remember that while Reddit VPNs by user recommendations can be trusted, researching and choosing a VPN that perfectly suits your needs is also advised. Moreover, don’t forget to use a VPN within the legal framework and avoid getting involved in malicious activities. That’s all, folks!